Xia Mou 夏牟 was one of the eight colonels of the Western Garden corps.
Xia Mou was a Counsellor Remonstrant in service of the Han. In the eighth month of 188 A.D. Emperor Ling 靈 established the Western Garden corps in his personal army. The Western Garden corps consisted of a total of eight men, all colonels. Xia Mou was made Colonel of the Right. This is Xia Mou's only mention in historical sources.
- Counsellor Remonstrant is sometimes mentioned as Grandee Remonstrant and Consultant.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 de Crespigny, A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms, biography of Xia Mou page 882
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 de Crespigny, Emperor Huan and Emperor Ling, Zhongping 5
- de Crespigny, Rafe. A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms (23 - 220 AD). Leiden: BRILL, 2007.
- —. Emperor Huan and Emperor Ling. Canberra: National Library of Australia, 1989.
- Fan Ye 范曄 (398–445). Hou Han shu 後漢書 “History of the Later Han”.
- Sima Guang 司馬光 (1019–1086). Zizhi tongjian 資治通鑒 “Comprehensive Mirror for Aid in Government”.