Wu Ba 吳霸 was a Yellow Turban Great Commander (dà shuài 大帥). He was active around the year 184 AD in Runan commandery.
When the fighting man Chen Gong was killed by his treacherous brother-in-law Chen He 陳郃,[n 2] the latter took over the former’s command. Li Tong 李通 then attacked Cheng He and killed him. He combined the Chen family’s troops with his own. He also captured the Yellow Turban Great Commander Wu Ba and compelled his followers to surrender.[n 1]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 We are not told if Wu Ba was killed after his capture.
- ↑ This Chen Gong is not the same man as Lü Bu’s strategist.
- ↑ Chen Shou. "Book of Wei 18," Records of the Three Kingdoms.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 de Crespigny, A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms, biography of Wu Ba, page 865
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 de Crespigny, A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms, biography of Chen Gong, page 66
- ↑ Kongming's Archives, biography of Wu Ba
- Chen Shou 陳壽 (233–297). Sanguo zhi 三國志 “Records of the Three Kingdoms”, with official commentary compiled by Pei Songzhi 裴松之 (372-451).
- de Crespigny, Rafe. A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms (23 - 220 AD). Leiden: BRILL, 2007.