As a feudal lord, you manage the different aspects of running a state whilst guarding your borders against both rebellious border tribes and external enemies. Managing each aspect well earns victory points for your state.
Three Kingdoms Redux is played over a number of rounds, up to a maximum of 12. Players bid for various actions with their general tokens. The highest bidder of each action space obtains the right to carry out the actions.These actions allow players to improve your state’s domestic development, gain military strength, construct state enhancements, increase popularity with your people, improve relationships with border tribes and gain promotion for the lord, to the next higher rank.
The actions available to each player are:
- develop your state’s farm or marketplace,
- recruit or train army units,
- produce weapons,
- trade resources,
- construct state enhancements,
- control the Han emperor,
- demand tributes from your vassals,
- win support from your people,
- import technology,
- improve your relationship with your border tribe or
- wage battle against other states to expand your borders
The winner is the player with the most victory points (VPs) at the end of the game.