When the Zhang brothers were betrayed and Han was aware of their plans, the brothers prepared for battle and gave themselves titles. Zhang Jue titled himself 'Lord of Heaven General'. Zhang Bao and Zhang Liang titled themselves Lord of Earth General and Lord of Man General respectively. By taking this title Zhang Jue presented himself as a symbolic embodiment of heaven.
Duties and RightsEdit
- The brothers presented themselves as symbolic embodiments of heaven, earth and man, the all-embracing triad.
- ↑ General of Heaven is an incomplete translation of 天公將軍 often seen in Koei games, leaving out the '公' (Lord).
- ↑ Michaud, The Yellow Turbans, page 77
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Levy, Bifurcation of the Yellow Turbans, page 252
- Levy, Howard Seymour. „The Bifurcation of the Yellow Turbans in Later Han.” Oriens (1960-61): 251-255.
- Michaud, Paul. „The Yellow Turbans.” Monumenta Serica, vol. XVII (1958): 47-127.