When the Zhang brothers were betrayed and Han was aware of their plans, the brothers prepared for battle and gave themselves titles. Zhang Bao proclaimed himself 'Lord of Earth General'. Zhang Jue and Zhang Liang titled themselves Lord of Heaven General and Lord of Man General respectively. By taking this title Zhang Bao presented himself as a symbolic embodiment of earth.
Duties and RightsEdit
- The brothers presented themselves as symbolic embodiments of heaven, earth and man, the all-embracing triad.
- ↑ An incomplete translation of 地公將軍 often seen in Koei games.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Michaud, The Yellow Turbans, page 77
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Levy, Bifurcation of the Yellow Turbans, page 253
- ↑ de Crespigny, A Biographical Dictionary, biography of Zhang Bao, pages 1033-34
- de Crespigny, Rafe. A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms (23 - 220 AD). Leiden: BRILL, 2007.
- Levy, Howard Seymour. „The Bifurcation of the Yellow Turbans in Later Han.” Oriens (1960-61): 251-255.
- Michaud, Paul. „The Yellow Turbans.” Monumenta Serica, vol. XVII (1958): 47-127.