Information about Liang Zhongning is scarce. As with the other followers of Zhang Jue 張角, it is assumable that Liang Zhongning joined his master between the early 170’s and 184 AD. He eventually became a leader, but it is not known if he was a gang leader or the leader of a Division (Fāng 方).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fu Xie was sent to serve under Huangfu Song against the Yellow Turbans of Yingchuan commandery. Therefore it seems assumable Liang Zhongning fought in Yingchuan and it was probably his home as well since all other Yellow Turbans seem to have fought in their home commandery.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 de Crespigny, A Biographical Dictionary, biography of Fu Xie, page 234
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 de Crespigny, A Biographical Dictionary, biography of Liang Zhongning, page 464
- de Crespigny, Rafe. A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms (23 - 220 AD). Leiden: BRILL, 2007.
- Fan Ye 范曄 (398–445). Hou Han shu 後漢書 “History of the Later Han”.