Great Commander (dà shuài 大帥) was the rank of Yellow Turban Wu Ba.
Just as with Wu Ba, his rank is known without much detail. It seems plausible that Wu Ba was ranked lower than Large Division Leaders and Small Division Leaders, above whom there were only the Zhang brothers.
Duties and RightsEdit
- Lead troops.
- ↑ Kongming's Archives translates '大帥' as Commander-in-Chief. This is incorrect because the hanzi for Commander-in-Chief is just '帥', without '大'.
- ↑ Chen Shou, Sanguo zhi Wei 18
- ↑ de Crespigny, A Biographical Dictionary, biography of Wu Ba
- ↑ Levy, Yellow Turban Religion and Rebellion, page 217
- Chen Shou 陳壽 (233-297). Sanguo zhi 三國志 [Records of the Three Kingdoms], annotated by Pei Songzhi 裴松之.
- De Crespigny, Rafe. A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms. Leiden, BRILL: 2007
- Levy, Howard Seymour. "Yellow Turban Religion and Rebellion at the End of Han." Journal of the American Oriental Society, vol. 76 (1956): 214-227.